23. Cooke, J. (2018) Building on a publication provides a fast, authentic research experience: a green and fuzzy case study for distance students. Advancing the synergies between teaching and research in ecology: Symposium of the Teaching and Learning Special Interest Group of the British Ecological Society. 27th April 2018, University of Birmingham
22. Collins, T, J. Cooke, K. Maseyk and P. Wheeler (2018). Live field broadcasts: Moving from optional additions to required assessment. The 7th eSTEeM Annual Conference. 26th April 2018, The Open University.
21. Cooke, J. (2017) Plants and silicon: a modern ecological perspective. Invited presentation in T69. The role of silica in the earth system: from organisms to global biogeochemical cycles symposium. Geological Society of America annual conference. Seattle, USA.
20. Maseyk, K, Cooke, J, Wheeler, P, and Collins, T (2017). Interactive livecasts to enable distance teaching of fieldwork. Presentation for LDI / STEM Enabling Innovation to Improve the Student Experience Workshop, 12 Oct 2017, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes.
19. Robson, J., J. Cooke, P. Wheeler, K. Maseyk and T Collins. Evaluating remote access to fieldwork with interactive fieldcasts for distance learning students. The 6th eSTEeM Annual Conference. 2017. Open University, Milton Keynes.
18. Cooke, J. and Leishman, M.R. Alleviation of abiotic stress by silicon: what can a meta-analysis of agricultural studies tell us about ecology? British Ecological Society Conference 2016. Liverpool.
17. Cooke, J., P. Wheeler, K. Maseyk and T. Collins. Widening access to fieldwork with interactive livecasts. Enhancing Fieldwork Learning Conference. 2016. Reading.
16. Cooke, J., A. Bourne, B. Medlyn and D. Ellsworth. Plant traits and stomatal sensitivity to water deficit contribute to optimising carbon-water economics in plants. British Ecological Society Conference. 2015. Edinburgh.
15. Cooke, J., Crous, K, Gimeno, Terrer, C, Tjoelker, M and Ellsworth, D. Is there enhancement of photosynthesis and growth of the overstorey with elevated CO2 at EucFACE. 1st EucFACE Symposium, 2013. Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment, University of Western Sydney
14. Ellsworth, DE, Gimeno, TE, Cooke, J, Tjoelker, MG and Crous, KY. Elevated CO2 in an Australian woodland (EucFACE): What is the threshold response of photosynthesis to CO2 fertilisation for a mature sclerophyll forest? International Congress of Ecology (INTECOL), 2013, London.
13. Wright, IJ, Lehman, C, Cooke, J and Falster, D. How does your garden grow? Disentangling the competing influences of traits, biomass allocation and plant size on field growth rates. Ecological Society of Australia Annual Conference, 2012, Melbourne
12. Cooke, J and Leishman, MR. Silicon and Plants: Herbivory and Strategies Ecological Society of Australia Annual Conference, 2010, Canberra
11.Cooke J. and Leishman, MR. Silicon and Leaf Biomechanics MacquarieUniversity Post-graduate Conference 2009, Sydney.
10. Cooke, J. and Leishman MR. Alleviation of abiotic stress with silicon addition: a meta analysis. Macquarie University Faculty of Science Research Conference. 2009, Sydney [poster]
9. Cooke, J and Leishman, MR. Silicon and Leaf Biomechanics International Congress of Ecology (INTECOL), 2009, Brisbane
8. Cooke, J and Leishman, MR. The functional ecology of plant silicon: moving from agricultural to natural systems Ecological Society of Australia Annual Conference, 2008, Sydney
7. Cooke, J. and Leishman, M.R. The functional ecology of plant silicon,Macquarie University Post-graduate Conference 2008, Sydney.
6. Cooke, J. and Leishman MR. Alleviation of abiotic stress with silicon addition: a meta analysis. Silicon in Agriculture 2008, Wild Coast, South Africa
5. Cooke J. and Leishman, M.R. Plant silica in Australia, Macquarie University Post-graduate Conference 2007, Sydney.
4. Cooke, J. The role of plant silica in Australia. Macquarie University Post-graduate Conference 2006, Sydney
3. Cooke, J. and Leishman MR. Comparison of the leaf trait relationships of invasive species in their original and new ranges: a leaf carbon strategy approach. Ecological Society of Australia Annual Conference 2005, Brisbane
2. Cooke, J, Willis, AJ and Groves, RH. Impacts of woody weeds on Cumberland Plain Woodland biodiversity. The Ecology and Management of Cumberland Plain Habitats: A Symposium 2005, Sydney
1. Cooke, J, Ash, J and Groves, RH. The ecology of Ward’s Weed (Carrichtera annua; Brassicaceae): a weed of the southern rangelands of Australia. Ecological Society of Australia Conference 2004, Adelaide